Lipid Emulsion Therapy Discussion Q’s
- Jun 9th, 2014
From James Cao’s post on Intravenous Lipid Emulsion in Toxicologic Emergences:
- What is the evidence supporting the use of intravenous lipid emulsion (ILE) in this patient?
- Under what other acute poisonings should emergency department providers consider the use of ILE?
- How should ILE be administered?
- What are reported and potential adverse effects of ILE?
- How does ILE adversely impact laboratory monitoring?
- What are the considerations for stocking ILE in emergency departments?