EM in 5: Pediatric EKG
- Jul 12th, 2018
- Anna Pickens
Welcome to this edition of EMin5 with Dr. Anna Pickens. Today we cover the pediatric EKG. Enjoy the video!
A systematic approach is essential. You know how to evaluate ECGs… Rate, rhythm, axis, intervals, waves, segments, abnormalities…
RV dominant early:
Axis is important and changes with age:
Normal EKG at 1 week: Right axis, Large R waves V1-V3, T-wave inversions in V1-V3
How about a closer look? Intervals change with age too!
Remember… Normal EKG at 1 week: Right axis, Large R waves V1-V3, T-wave inversions in V1-V3
- Lift in the Fast Lane: Pediatric ECG Interpretation
- Pediatric EM Morsels: Pediatric ECG
- Dr. Smith’s ECG Blog: Pediatric ECG Intervals
- PEM ED Podcast: Pediatric ECG Basics – Part 1 and Part 2
- Taming the SRU: Intro to Pediatric EKG
- emDOCs: Pediatric Syncope