In the Literature
In the Literature
We at emDocs are (clearly) big fans of FOAMed, but that doesn’t mean we shy away from contributing to the more traditional literature. The papers below represent the diligent efforts of our team (in whole or in part), and most seek to answer a focused clinical question using the best available evidence. So check these out and stay current!
– In Press –
- Sepsis, Severe Sepsis, and Septic Shock: A Review of the Literature. AfJEM.
- Essentials for emergency care: Lessons from an inventory assessment of an emergency centre in Sub-Saharan Africa. AfJEM.
- Ostermayer DG, Koyfman A. SRS: What is the Most Effective Treatment for Relieving the Pain of a Jellyfish Sting? Annals of Emergency Medicine, in press.
- Bucher J, Koyfman A. SRS: Does Initiation of Therapeutic Hypothermia in the Prehospital Environment Improve Neurologic Outcomes? Annals of Emergency Medicine, in press.
- Santos C, Alerhand S, Koyfman A. SRS: Does the Choice of Antibiotic Affect Outcome in Strep Throat? Annals of Emergency Medicine, in press.
– 2014 –
- What is the best first-line agent for benzodiazepine-resistant convulsive status epilepticus? Ann Emerg Med.
- In patients with acute ischemic stroke, do different thrombolytic doses, agents, or routes of administration lead to different outcomes? Ann Emerg Med.
- Should triple rule-out CT angiography be used in patients with suspected acute coronary artery disease, aortic dissection, or pulmonary embolus? Ann Emerg Med.
- Do glucocorticoids provide benefit to children with bronchiolitis? Ann Emerg Med.
- Can heimlich valves along with intercostal catheters be used to safely manage pneumothoraces for outpatients? Ann Emerg Med.
- Do corticosteroids prevent postherpetic neuralgia? Ann Emerg Med.
- Do mechanical devices improve return of spontaneous circulation over manual chest compressions in out-of-hospital cardiac arrest? Ann Emerg Med.
- The diagnosis of and emergent care for the patient with subarachnoid haemorrhage in resource-limited settings. AfJEM.
- Methamphetamine and MDMA: ‘Safe’ drugs of abuse. AfJEM.
- Imaging of frequent emergency department users with alcohol use disorders. J Emerg Med.
- Acute Subdural Hematoma. Medscape.
- Tupchong K, Koyfman A, Foran M. Sepsis, Severe Sepsis, and Septic Shock: A Review of the Literature. African Journal of Emergency Medicine, Aug 2014 (Epub).
- Singh M, Koyfman A. SRS: What is the Role of Procalcitonin in Early Diagnosis of Infective Endocarditis? Annals of Emergency Medicine, Aug 2014 (Epub).
- Welniak T, Panzenbeck A, Koyfman A, Foran M. Chronic Obstruction Pulmonary Disease – a review of emergency care in acute exacerbation. African Journal of Emergency Medicine, Sept 2014 (Epub).
- Ju N, Koyfman A. SRS: Does Oral Antibiotics after Incision and Drainage of Simple Abscesses Improve Cure Rates? Annals of Emergency Medicine, Sept 2014 (Epub).
- Loflin R, Koyfman A. SRS: When Used for Sedation, Does Ketamine Increase Intracranial Pressure More Than Fentanyl or Sufentanil? Annals of Emergency Medicine, Sept 2014 (Epub).
- Robertson J, Koyfman A. SRS: Does Tranexamic Acid Improve Outcomes in Patients Undergoing Urgent or Emergency Surgery? Annals of Emergency Medicine, Sept 2014 (Epub).
– 2013 –
- Does noninvasive positive-pressure ventilation improve outcomes in severe asthma exacerbations? Ann Emerg Med.
- Does calcium administration during cardiopulmonary resuscitation improve survival for patients in cardiac arrest? Ann Emerg Med.
- Review of recently approved alternatives to anticoagulation with warfarin for emergency clinicians. J Emerg Med.
- A taste of periodic fever syndromes. Pediatr Emerg Care.
- Pediatric dehydration. Medscape.
– 2012 –
– 2011 –
- Thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura. Pediatr Emerg Care.
One thought on “In the Literature”